Mine Planning Engineer - (White Springs, Florida, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agricultureretailnetwork that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position will report directly to theMine PlanningSuperintendent.
What you will do:
Ensure that all safety, environmental, productivity, and quality targets are accounted for in the plans that are developed and adjusted - plans must comply with MSHA regulations and Federal, and State and local mine permits and ordinances
- Develop and improve short and long-range mine plans (material balances, material excavation and spoil placement sequences, water balances, and reclamation plans) that optimize efficiency and provide cost reduction opportunities
- Demonstrate proficiencyin evaluating mine production, geological and processing data to optimize budget models, and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Report data and evaluations clearly to the mine management and prepare corporate reporting documents
- Provide maps and documents required for mine permit modifications, overseeing specialty work required to prepare those documents, and continuously develop capability with the goal of minimizing the need for external specialized support
- Maintain knowledge of the mine area, its equipment, operations, and interdependency of departments
- Identify, plan and manage projects that will increase and maximize the productivity and efficiency of the Mine Area operations at White Springs
- Execute work ensuring that neither safety nor the environment is compromised
- Complete projects in a cost-effective manner and on schedule - projects that address increasing efficiency and throughput must be carefully planned and managed
- Communicate (effectively) changes in operating parameters and dealing with new equipment and processes
- Complete justification of major capital expenditures for improvements in the mine area
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining or Civil Engineering is required
- 5 years of mine planning or operational experience is required
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and AutoCAD are required
- PE-Professional Engineer license or the ability to procure license is preferred.
- Resource and Reserve reporting experience preferred (10k Reports and NI43-101)
- Experience with Carlson and XACT software packages is preferred
- Survey (GPS) background and an understanding of land and mineral ownership is preferred.
- GIS experience is preferred
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you willbe required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn,FacebookandTwitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran