Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT's Ft. Washington Construction Management Team is seeking Transportation Construction Managers for primarily PennDOT, Municipal, DRPA and other highway & bridge projects throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will perform as a principal inspector responsible for the supervision of projects in construction inspection engineering work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards.
- Assign, schedule and maintain subordinate inspection staff throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and maintain all pertinent project documentation and ensure that it accurately details construction progress, activities and materials, meets environmental permitting conditions, comply with safety policies and programs, and monitors EEO and DBE progress and performance
- Prepare, review and submit project inspection reports, work authorizations, work orders and estimates.
- Notify contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
- Review, analyze and evaluate contractor schedules.
- Track project progress and advises parties of possible overruns, and critical project issues.
- Completes analysis of field tests
- Attend pre-bid, pre-construction and/or management level meetings throughout the course of the project, assist the client with change orders, claim defense, and provide updates to the client construction progress and issues.
- Interact with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub-contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries.
- Work on behalf of the Client to draft project correspondence, facilitate project meetings, and resolve construction related field issues.
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong Computer Proficiency
- Client Requested certifications, including:
- NICET Level 2 or higher in Transportation/Highway Construction
- NECEPT-Bituminous and Concrete Field Technician
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
- Active driver's license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 8+ years of construction inspection experience
- Knowledge and experience in construction techniques, reading plans, procedures, methods, equipment and materials
- Supervisory experience in construction management/inspection situations
- Ability to act in an Owner's Agent/Responsible in Charge role
- Experience with local clients
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Analytical Thinking
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Managerial Competencies if Applicable
- Conflict Management
- Motivating Others
- Managing Performance
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States