VHB is seeking a highly qualified Senior Construction Inspector to join our Wethersfield, CT office to become an integral part of our Transportation team while working on high visibility projects.
WE ARE VHB-a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast.We're growing, and we hope you'll join us!
About the Position
Senior Construction Inspector | Wethersfield, CT
- Participate in CTDOT field inspection and procedures
- Provide technical knowledge of construction methods, primarily for public sector projects
- Provide assurance that the project has been constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Review of pay requisitions from contractors and complying with budget standards
- Provide recommendations concerning construction issues
- Preparation of Construction Change Orders and meeting minutes/correspondence related to the project
- Establish and maintain project records
- Field material sampling and testing
- Oversight of active construction sites
- May be asked to serve as a Senior Inspector under the supervision of a Resident Engineer on larger projects or on smaller projects independently manage and complete a project from start to finish including field inspection and all aspects of CTDOT or Municipal recordkeeping
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to work well in team-oriented structure
- 5+ years of professional experience in civil, highway, or relevant engineering field (including 5 years of field inspection activities)
- NICET Level III to IV Certification in Transportation / Highway Construction is required, except for those persons possessing a current Professional Engineer's License registered in the State of Connecticut (PE)
- Familiarity with Form 816, Form 817, and ConnDOT inspection requirements and procedures
- Proficiency in/comprehensive knowledge of the ConnDOT Municipal Inspection Manual
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.