Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT's Construction Management Team is seeking a Transportation Technician III to perform work as a lead inspector responsible for supervision of transportation construction projects. in the Triad area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform inspection of contractor's operations on a variety of transportation projects including roadway and bridge construction to verify conformance to plans and specifications
- Supervise and maintain subordinate inspection staff throughout construction of the project
- Measure and track quantities of pay items
- Gather and maintain record documents including material certifications, testing reports, and inspector's daily diaries
- Interact with the public, government agencies, contractors, subcontractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries and resolve field issues
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Active driver's license
- 6+ years of construction inspection experience on transportation projects
- Thorough understanding of DOT Standards and Specifications and Roadway Standard Drawings
- NCDOT certifications including Concrete Field Technician, QMS Roadway Technician, and Conventional Density Testing preferred
- Experience with local clients preferred
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Job Proficiency
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States