Job TitleAssociate Appraiser Valuation and Advisory - New York City
Job Description SummaryINDIVIDUALLY WE ARE GOOD. TOGETHER WE'RE GREAT. Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm, with 51,000+ people and 400 offices in 70 countries, that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Our work creates meaningful value for our clients, our business, our shareholders, our people, our communities and world. As a company based on putting ideas into action, we continually strive to add driven and thoughtful individuals to our team.
Our Valuation & Advisory professionals have the privilege of working across the full spectrum of commercial real estate valuation. The diversity of our practice and the breadth of our client base allows our professionals to provide comprehensive real estate valuation services ranging from traditional appraisal reports, to market studies and feasibility analysis, and participation in multi-service line strategic consulting.
Our mission is to develop best-in-class CRE Appraisers, licensed and trained to fully engage with clients across a full spectrum of real estate valuation services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research comparable sales,listings, and rentals for a variety of property types (Office, Industrial, Retail, Multi-family)
- Assistintheconstructionoffinancial models, includingdiscountedcash flow
- Research benchmarkratesofreturnincluding cap ratesanddiscountrates
- Assistinthepreparationofappraisalsandotherconsultingreportsthatcanassist theclient withdecision making
- Inspectproperty and interview marketparticipants
- Preparehighest andbestuseland and property studies
- Bachelor's degree, required
- 0-3 years of professional or internship experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Passion for research, analyzing data, and problem-solving
- Legal authorization to work in U.S. (Visa sponsorship unavailable for this position)
- Interested in a long-term Appraisal career
- Dynamic: Positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas.
- Self-Starter: Sufficiently motivated or ambitious to undertake a project without needing to be told or encouraged to do so.
- Detail-Oriented: Thorough, accurate, organized, and productive, seeking to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Willing to Learn: Possessing a desire, wish or readiness to acquire new knowledge and develop; not wanting to stand in one place, but rather wishing to be more qualified and keeping up with the modern trends and tendencies.
Benefits of the Associate Role:
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Tuition reimbursement for MAI designation
- Career advancement within the Valuation & Advisory organization
- Mentoring from best-in-class industry leaders
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.